Background and Business Activities
Air Zimbabwe is the national Airline for Zimbabwe whose main purpose is to provide Air travel solutions for the Zimbabwean community, the African continent and the world at large. The airline which is wholly owned by the Government of Zimbabwe was founded in 1967 and has been in existence over the years up to present time. Its roots can be traced back to 1946 when it was known as Central Africa Airways and operated as a joint airline for Nyasaland, Southern Rhodesia and Northern Rhodesia. The tripartite operations continued till 1967 when the joint operations ceased leading to the formation of Air Rhodesia. The airline operated as Air Rhodesia till 1980 when the nation attained its independence and the airline adopted the name Air Zimbabwe. The Airline operated as Air Zimbabwe Corporation until 1997 when Air Zimbabwe Pvt Ltd was created in terms of the Air Zimbabwe Corporation Repeal Act No.4 of 1998.The airline is therefore registered as Air Zimbabwe Pvt Ltd REG NO.10852/97 and conducts its business as such. The airline has been a member of the International Air Transport Association [IATA] and is also a serving member of the African Airlines Association [AFRAA].
To be the most preferred airline in the market by 2030.
To provide safe and reliable air transport services that facilitate trade, investment and tourism.
Know safety, no pain.
- Service Excellence
We are committed to a world class service.
Innovation creates opportunity.
We do what we say.
We are focused teams that encourage diversity of thought.
Regional, continental and worldwide expansion in relation to route servicing and operational growth.
Scope of Work
- The Airline is currently operating a fleet of aircraft that cater for both passenger and cargo transportation to and from various local and regional destinations.
- The company also undertakes aircraft maintenance work for other airlines and offers commercial engineering services to non-aviation customers as well.
- Air Zimbabwe also runs a Technical and a Commercial Training school at its headquarters, offering courses in ticketing, cargo processes and procedures, aircraft engineering and pilot training. The schools have also trained personnel for domestic and regional operators; and substantial revenue is raised each year through the training of non-Air Zimbabwe staff
- The airline also trains apprentices in its engineering division and recruits attachés on a yearly basis for their on the job industrial attachment.
Destinations and Geographical Coverage
- Victoria Falls
- South Africa – Johannesburg
- Tanzania – Dar es Salaam
Corporate Social Responsibility
The company is involved in a number of initiatives in support of education, sport, arts and culture. The company is continuously scannning around for opportunities to make an impact in the lives of people in various sectors and from various backgrounds. The thrust of the company is to ensure that at any given moment, what we do in the course of our Corporate Social Responsibility activities will provide a sustainable solution to the beneficiary of such gestures. We aim to leave a lasting legacy and an indelible footprint.